The Oliverian School benefits from a surprising range of gifts of tangible personal property and gifts-in-kind, both new and used, such as photography and audio-visual equipment, computers and printers, athletic equipment, books, furniture, supplies, and many other items. These donations have an immediate impact on both Oliverian students and teachers.
Both the value to the School and your potential tax benefits depend upon the use of the gift. If your donation qualifies as “related use” — that is, if it will be used by the School to accomplish its mission — you can deduct the gift’s full fair market value. Examples of such gifts include musical instruments used by student performers, scientific specimens for environmental science classes, and riding tack used by our horsemanship program. For tangible personal property gifts with “unrelated use,” the donor can typically deduct the cost basis, which is usually the purchase price paid by the donor for the property.
Oliverian is always looking for items that will enhance the educational and residential experience. Might you be willing to either donate one of the items suggested below or, perhaps, underwrite the purchase? For further information, including Wish List item costs, please contact Barclay Mackinnon, Director of Admissions/Head Emeritus, at 603-989-5100 (ext. 7103) or email@example.com. We thank you, in advance, for your generous support of The Oliverian School.
Art & Music
- Computer equipment to facilitate graphic design, animation and yearbook production
- Printing press
- Large format drum printer
- Silk screen system
- Glaze mixing supplies
- Directional track lighting system
- Ventilation system
- Acoustic Guitars
- Bass Guitar
- LCD projectors (2) for classrooms
- Cashel Crusader Flymasks (4), Standard with Ears, size Arab/Small QH
- Leather Halters, Full/Horse sized, with cheek snap/clip
- 3.5 gallon flat-backed water buckets
- Weatherbeeta Landa Turnout Sheets: sizes 75″ (1) and 78″ (2)
- Concept2 Rowing Machine
- Elliptical Trainer
- Stationary Bike
- Portable Wood-Mizer Saw Mill
- Wildlife Scouting Camera
- Establishment of a fund to support weekend programming to include: visiting musicians, speakers, off-campus cultural opportunities (Boston, Dartmouth College, etc.), and athletic/adventure opportunities.
- Portraits (oil or photograph) of Oliverian’s founder and headmasters