Summer Dates: June 25th – August 5th
With a blend of adventure, experiential learning, and fun, Oliverian Summer provides a supportive and challenging educational experience for youth in grades 9-12 who may have struggled in more traditional school settings. The six week program is divided into three 2-week expedition-based modules which are sequenced to build on each other. We recommend completing all six weeks but students may sign up for just one or two of the 2-week modules.
Our beautiful campus will be home base for each 2-week module. When students arrive, the first few days will be spent making friends, having fun, jumping into our academic project, and preparing for the trip. With our perfect combination of support and flexibility, students will soon be ready to launch into our first expedition! Whether they are hiking in the White Mountains, canoeing on a pristine lake in Maine, or beyond, the wilderness expedition will blend applied learning, physical challenge, and peaceful serenity. The final few days of each module are spent back on campus – reflecting, relaxing, and celebrating… before beginning the next module!
Become a more confident version of yourself.
Oliverian is incredibly supportive and comfortable – a community where students build transformative relationships with caring adults. These relationships are at the core of all we do, helping students develop a courageous sense of self that they will carry with them anywhere they go in the world. During Oliverian Summer, those core relationships are cemented by the joys of shared experiences in beautiful, wild places, and enable students to tackle challenges, learn, and grow, no matter where they go.
At a Glance:
Full session = June 25 – August 5
First session = June 25 – July 8
Second session = July 9 – July 22
Third session = July 23 – August 5
Full six week summer session, tuition = $17,900
One session tuition = $6,800
Two session tuition = $13,600
- Academic credit: Students have the potential to earn .5 academic credit per session, and the full summer students may earn .50 Science, .50 English, and .50 History credits.
- Flexible, individualized academics
- Integrated counseling support
- All gender for high school students in grades 9 -12
- Expedition-based learning
- Adventure, Stewardship, & Arts interwoven throughout
- Fun because, after all, it’s summer!
June 25 – July 8
- Four day backpacking and camping adventure in The White Mountains
- Two expedition teams
- Team A will be staying one night at a campground before heading off into the wilderness on Flat Mountain Pond Trail, staying at different locations the following two nights
- Team B will be at the same group campground each night. They will go out on day trips to local trails and have plenty of time for activities in camp
July 9 – July 22
- Caving trip to New York or Vermont
- The entire expedition group will camp together and break up during the day into two teams as required for caving protocol
- Smaller groups will squeeze down through natural chimneys in coveralls and gloves, helmets and headlamps, to explore the caverns below
July 23 – August 5
- Paddling trip to Maine
- Students will travel all together to Maine but then split up into a river bound or pond group
- The river group will journey down the Moose River Bow loop
- The pond group darts around the Attean Pond
- Each team will have the chance to explore different camps by the water and take on unique challenges like small rapids, portages or weather
- Expedition may end with a day trip to the Forks for white water rafting
To learn more about Oliverian Summer Session, apply for admission, or schedule a tour, please call our admissions team at 888.922.5565, email us at [email protected], or click on the buttons above. We will generally respond within 24 hours.